Application Support Specialist
Modis has an exciting opportunity available and are currently working in partnership with a global technical service provider to recruit an experienced Application Support Specialist to provide a high level of support across new and existing clients.
Please not this a fully remote role with some nation-wide travel required occasionally.
As an Application Support Specialist you will be offering support to a large number of clients remotely and on some occasions onsite.
- Performing upgrades and changes to several customer systems within the managed service
- Implementing server applications in line with product design and centred on the deployment of the chosen database.
- Providing technical design and training materials to customers.
- Providing technical consultancy and training to existing customers utilising the in-house platform.
- Proven track record of managing allocated workloads effectively.
- Designing/building new solution around the database where existing features no longer meet customer requirements or the technologically is now out-of-date.
- Working with the in house delivery teams to ensure the continued functionality of existing products or in anticipation for the release of a new services.
- Previous operational support of clients in either Windows or Linux environments.
- Experience with either SQL or Oracle databases.
- Exposure to Java / Tomcat / Apache Web Server.
- Good knowledge of deploying or supporting systems within cloud platforms.
- Desirable would be some Scripting knowledge (i.e, DOS, Unix Shell, PowerShell)
- Proven ability to function in a customer facing role
- Ability to use own initiative with good analysis and problem-solving skills
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.