DevOps Engineer - Linux
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit an experienced DevOp Engineer with strong knowledge Linux, network provisioning and application deployment to join their growing team.
Please note this a fully remote role where you will either be SC cleared or eligible for Security Clearance.
As a DevOps Engineer you will work closely with project teams, architects, Information Security, Development and Test Teams to provision and support the consistent and efficient delivery of high-quality software across all environments.
- Initiate process improvement activity across the DevOps Team, focussing on reducing excess cost and improving efficiency.
- Oversee DevOps deliverables to ensure quality, cost and time targets are achieved and industry best practice are maintained
- Ensure DevOps processes and standards are adhered to and identify new working methods, initiatives, and technologies to improve the level of service provided by the team.
- Undertake analysis of new and emerging tools and technologies to assess for use on existing or new client developments.
- Work with contemporary development practices ( e.g. Scrum, BDD) and tools (e.g. ADO, Jenkins, GIT);
- Collaborate with Architects and Developers to build and deploy new versions of applications to managed environments.
- Create and maintain technical documentation relating to DevOps frameworks.
- Complete impact assessments for any application change requests submitted.
- Provide support during go-live events as required.
- Proven experience in DevOps with significant knowledge of Linux.
- Experience of provisioning networks and deploying applications.
- Technical knowledge of Ansible, Terraform and SQL
- Willingness to gain personal development and upskill in Azure.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation that makes a real and impacting difference, please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.