Service Desk Analyst
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit a Service Desk Analyst to join their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading business and provide support to multiple high profile clients.
As a Service Desk Analyst you will provide a range of technical support to customers and be exposed to emerging technologies. This role not only offers a competitive salary but the opportunity to develop your technical skills and gain industry recognised certifications in multiple areas including azure and DevOps.
- Action, update and resolve logged support tickets in line with SLA commitments
- Carry out daily system checks and distribute results within required timescale to customers
- Patch servers according to the patching cycle
- Attend daily calls with customers
- Undertake appropriate system housekeeping activities
- Raise, obtain approval and deploy approved system changes
- Produce and update support documentation
- Produce regular reports
- Management and administration of backup systems
- Provide support for Business Continuity activities
- System monitoring, proactively and through various tools
- Laptop build and hardening
- Experience and knowledge of problem-solving, experience of Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2019, 2016, 2008, 2003 / 2000 / NT4)
- Experience of using a ticketing system such as Service Now, Cherwel, or any other ticketing system
- Knowledge of a variety of enterprise backup solutions, with In-depth skills in at least one (TSM, NetApp, Snapcenter, Commvault, Netbackup )
- Knowledge of system hardware platforms including HP / Dell / IBM
- Excellent communicator, able to articulate issues and solutions to customer, third party and internal contacts, both written and verbally
- Able to take responsibility for tasks and see them through to satisfactory conclusion, even when this requires support from other people / teams
- Able to gain security clearance
- VMware experience (vSphere)
- ITIL qualification
- Experience of storage systems (SAN / NAS)
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.