Software Asset Management Analyst
Full Time / Permanent
£45,000 - £55,000 dependant on experience + bonus and comprehensive benefits package
Hybrid / West Midlands
My client, who are a large nationally recognised business are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Asset Management Analyst to join their growing internal IT team.
Their head office is based just outside of Birmingham, and we are ideally looking for someone who is comfortable being on site once or twice a month on average.
As the Software Asset Management Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting managing and controlling IT software assets. You will also maintain an accurate and comprehensive licence inventory for current usage and entitlements as well as ensuring IT equipment and licences are recovered as per internal processes and procedures. You will be required to act in both a detective and preventative capacity to ensure compliant IT operations.
Any experience using SAM tools including SNOW would be great!
- Assist with the maintenance and support of accurate records of software assets including utilisation of subscriptions and services.
- Manage user management 3rd party vendor portals
- Provide regular reports to management as required
- Supply up to date knowledge and understanding of licence agreements to colleagues on Service Desk and Workplace Computing
- Educate users and promote licensing best practice
- Assist with software deployment and configuration
- Ensure software licences are recovered for redistribution
- Responsible for ensuring that the ITSM queue and software licensing mailboxes are managed, and requests processed within relevant SLAs
- Collaborate with wider internal teams inside and outside IT
- Support internal and external audits
- Maintain the Software Asset Register in SharePoint and keep the DML up to date
- Deputises for the Software Asset Manager when required
- Assist with software technical fault finding in regard to key management
Skills and Experience required
- Must have relevant experience in a similar Software Asset Management role
- Experience using SAM tools, any SNOW experience would be great
- Knowledge and experience understanding End User licence agreements and contracts is advantageous.
- As is experience setting up and maintaining SharePoint sites.
Please apply via the link or contact email@example.com for more information
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.