Software Asset Manager
My client, a well-established and nationally recognised business is looking for an experienced Software Asset Manager to join their growing IT team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and controlling the clients IT software assets. You will ensure and accurate and comprehensive license inventory is maintained with clear current usage and entitlements. You will act in both a detective and preventative capacity to ensure compliant IT operations.
This is a full time, permanent role paying a salary of £55,000 - £60,000 plus a generous bonus and compressive benefits package.
The is a hybrid role with the successful candidate required to be office based 2 days a week from my clients head office in Birmingham.
- Work as a subject matter expert in all matters relating to software contracts and license entitlement.
- Maintain an accurate record of software assets and utilisation including subscriptions and services.
- Provide management reports on compliance, risks and trends requiring action.
- Supply up to date knowledge and understanding of license agreements working with existing and new suppliers to assess relevance and impacts of change.
- Educate users and promote licensing best practice.
- Ensure licensing implications of new technologies are identified through the project pipeline are considered, risk managed and appropriate financial provisions made.
- Input to the design and implementation or IT policies, methodologies, tools and standards.
- Support negotiations fort license acquisition.
- Lead response to external vendor license audit.
- Responsible to supervision and development of a Software Asset Analyst.
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in a similar IT / Software Asset Management role.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of licence technicalities for major IT vendors including Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, IBM etc.
- Broad expertise of corporate software license management, procurement lifecycles and best practice.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decision making with the ability to work effectively across the organisation at all levels.
- Detailed and analytical approach, capable of working with complex commercial information and mapping large license data sets to identify opportunities for optimising.
- You will ideally be ITIL certified or trained.
Please apply via the link or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.