Technical Architect - Infrastructure
Akkodis are currently working in partnership with a market leading solutions provider to recruit an experienced Technical Architect to work as part of a leading Architecture Practice and work on assignments within project teams to provide technical designs and guidance on various aspects of infrastructure solutions to address customer requests.
This role is fully homebased with very infrequent travel and offers a highly competitive salary with the opportunity to upskill on Azure.
As a Technical Architect you will be responsible for producing high-level and low-level designs, and providing advice and support for transition, transformation and delivery on a variety of initiatives such as SAN migrations, data centre moves, server-based computing and desktop transformation technologies such as VDI and application virtualisation.
- Be responsible for the creation of high-level and low-level designs in support of defined customer requirements
- To understand the technical problems, challenges and complexities that exist within each stream or area of a programme and be able to manage and/or liaise with other technical stream lead to arrive at an integrated technology solution that meets the business requirements.
- Work independently, be self-motivated to produce quality designs, and or advise for your peers and customers
- Promote co-operation, and where necessary, coach and facilitate co-ordination of all technical streams leaders of a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated technology solution.
- Identifies, understands and quantifies technical risk and advises on strategies to mitigate that risk.
- Support the project/programme manager in understanding the technical risks, dependencies and issues that exist, be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project/programme.
- Ensures that all the agreed business requirements to be satisfied by the project are implemented in the overall solution, are traceable and are compatible with the project's technical architecture.
- Support the Solutions Architect to develop and enhance standards, policies/guidelines whilst to drive adoption of standards.
- Perform audits, peer reviews and due diligence as required.
- Leverage and influence change programmes to develop/enhance the standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving the adoption of standards.
- Confident in creating high-quality design documentation, including the creation of supporting diagrams, complemented with well written accurate supporting text.
- Experience of reviewing and creating infrastructure design documents as the subject matter expert
- Able to demonstrate a history of technical designing, configuration, and implementation expertise as part of transformation and or migration projects
- Expertise in two or more of the core Microsoft Products (AD, SQL Server, SCCM/WSUS/MDT, App-V/VDI, Hyper-V, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint and Forefront), VMware, Citrix, SAN and Hyperconverged Solutions technologies is also useful
- Understanding of project delivery including Agile
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure migrations would be desirable but not essential
- Eligible for SC Clearance
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation that makes a real and impacting difference, please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.