Electrical Test Operator required for long term contract assignment based in Bolton
The Test Operator will be responsible for carrying out test tasks within the operational business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Certify the product in line with Product Certification procedure.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic recalibration of test equipment.
* Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment.
* Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment.
* Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification.
* Ensure manufacturing test times are met.
* Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Communicate best practice to other team members.
* The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
* Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21/ONC. Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate. Manual handling training. Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes). ESD training. No colour blindness.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.