A PCB Inspector is required for a long term contract assignment based in Bolton
The Materials & Process Laboratory Technician will be responsible for carrying out PCB Quality Control tasks within a Laboratory environment in support of Production. Specific responsibilities include:
* Booking in, recording and monitoring of S103 (printed circuit boards and flexi-boards) incoming receipt inspection tasks.
* Performing visual inspection of incoming PCB's to IPC and company requirements.
* Performing micro-section checks of PCBs to IPC and company requirements.
* Operating XRF analysis equipment.
* Reporting assessment results and maintaining records of checks undertaken.
* Maintaining the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality
* Maintaining a safe working environment
The candidate will ideally :
* Have experience of working in a laboratory environment assessing the quality of printed circuit boards/flexi boards.
* Be able to produce high quality analysis in a production environment
* Be able to work within, and contribute to a team environment
* Be familiar with engineering drawings and their interpretation.
* Ba able to recognise and understand customer requirements, and respond to them.
* Understand and work to Company Processes and Procedures.
* Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation and supply chain.
* Demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks.
Skills and Knowledge
* Two or more years' experience of working in a manufacturing/laboratory environment
* Certification to IPC-600 for the acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards
* Formal training leading to a vocational qualification (ONC, City & Guilds, BTEC) in an engineering/science subject.
* Secondary level of education with a number of GCSE passes.
* Verbal and written communication skills
* IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, use of Access databases)
* Team work.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.