Senior SOC Analyst - SIEM, SOC, Threat, IDS, IPS, Packet
Salary + Bonus + Benefits + hybrid / Berkshire
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a SOC environment focusing on threat analysis?
Well, look no further as I am working with an established Cyber Security consultancy who have excelled year on year to bring their expertise to ensure safety against threats, hacks and disruptions!
As a 'Senior SOC Analyst' you will be managing a SOC Team comprised of Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Analysts and lead SOC support activities to their customer base. This will consist of managing teams' day to day tasks and activities, prioritising their workload based on contractual SLA's.
You will need to ensure that all Security Monitoring Systems and Consoles, including all Availability Monitoring Systems are monitored diligently and in a timely fashion by the whole shift team and monitoring SOC Team and use reporting to ensure team are working to full capacity 24/7.
You will formulate and / or re-engineer SOC processes, how-to-guides & procedures to maximise operational efficiency
As a senior member of the team, you will need to attend and occasionally chair Customer Service Meetings & Service Reviews this is to ensure Service Review actions are tracked, progressed and escalations are communicated to internal stakeholders and provide meeting minutes to customers.
You will be incorporated into the recruitment process to excel and boost the team
As an experienced candidate you will quality check SOC Tickets to ensure communications to customers is of a high standard and internal processes for Incident Management & Request Fulfilment are being followed. You will implement training & development plans for SOC Team to advance their internal.
As a senior candidate you will take ownership of and to make sure all high priority Incidents / Requests are escalated to the Senior Management Team as soon as they are.
An ideal candidate will have
- Knowledge & use of SIEM toolsets
- Knowledge & use of Full Packet Capture toolsets
- Knowledge & use of Intrusion Detection Systems
- Understanding of IDS and IPS technologies
- Analysis of Syslog / Windows event logs
- Understanding how to analyse network traffic
- Understanding of how to analyse malware
- Python Programming Language
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- ITIL Foundation or experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Experience creating and following processes for Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Event Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Service Design & Transition, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Availability Management, Service Catalogue Management, and 3rd Party Supplier Management
- Eligible to undergo SC Clearance
- Experience of working in an ISO 27001 & ISO20000-1 compliant environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, IT or similar
- Management & Leadership Training or Certifications
- ITIL Foundation, Specialist, Strategist or Leader Certifications
- Service Desk Institute Training or Certifications
- CompTIA Security+ / CompTIA CYSA+
- Passion for all things information technology and information security
Does this sound like an environment you could thrive in?
Competitive salary + Bonus + benefits + Hybrid + apply now via the link!
Please be assured that your CV will be treated in the strictest confidence, and we would always speak to you before discussing your CV with any potential employer.
Please note we are on the client' supplier list for this position.
MODIS are operating as an Employment Agency. MODIS are an equal opportunities employer
Keywords: Hybrid, Cyber, SOC, Threat, Senior, Analysis, SIEM, Packet, GDPR, Cyber Security,
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.