Algorithm Specialist is required for a long term contract assignment based in Bristol (with some home working)
You'll join the Guidance, Control & Navigation (GCN) team responsible for developing Missile and Weapon Systems algorithms across a wide range of defence products. As part of this team you will support studies managing the complex performance trades between software and hardware and support algorithm proving activities. Algorithm development covers a range of capabilities such as autopilots, control systems, mid-course guidance, homing, propulsion control, and mission planning.
Activities are throughout the product life cycle including early research studies, feasibility and concept stages, and product development and customer support. This will give you a broad range of experience and a really varied role.
Our team engages with the algorithm users, and understands and responds to their requirements, developing algorithmic solutions that meet the performance needs of the customer.
* You will be responsible for the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within MBDA
* Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation
* You will be autonomous and will be able to act as a point of contact for GCN's interactions with the other project teams e.g. Simulation and Modelling, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality
* You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems along with preparing and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a project team
* You will engage with the algorithm users, understand and respond to their needs
* Experience of algorithm development in a relevant area (such as guidance, control, data fusion, optimisation, navigation)
* Experience of Mathematical Modelling would be beneficial (such as flight dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors, actuation systems)
* A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, Python).
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.