Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
My client is looking for Cyber Security Analyst to join their business on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for performing triage of security events that are escalated to the team. This role involves following established processes and procedures to observe events, collect additional data necessary to assess the threat, and escalate or refute the event as needed. You will be responsible for supporting the organisation with cyber resilience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor cyber best practice and procedure and build in controls;
- Write policy and procedural documentation for IT systems/requirements including Risk-Management and Risk Assessments for internal as well as 3rd party applications;
- Problem solve and understand complex web and standalone applications/systems architectures that involve multiple technologies;
- Undertake internal/external security penetration testing and liaise with our 3rd party pen-testing team;
- Configure firewalls and produce techniques for hardening;
- Any other duties that might be required from time to time.
- At least two years working within a similar role;
- An understanding of financial services or a regulated industry;
- A strong knowledge of applications, networks and system vulnerabilities with an understanding of attacker exploitation techniques;
- Experience in network segmentation/VLANS and PAM (Access Management);
- Vulnerability management systems such as Qualys. SIEM integration is important;
- Exposure to Threat Intelligence would be a plus;
- Having a CISSP security qualification or currently studying for CISSP would be an advantage.
Standard hours: 10 am to 6 pm due to the main business functions operating overseas
If you are interested in the Cyber Security Analyst role, please apply/email me with your latest CV, salary expectations and availability as soon as possible.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jeremy at Akkodis on 0121 214 6198 for further information.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.