Human Factors Engineer required for long term contract assignment based in Bristol with a multi national defence company.
Overview of department:
To undertake a full range of Human Factors tasks across Weapon System conception, development and research activities.
Integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable and effective Weapon Systems. The Human Factors department is responsible for ensuring that user capability is fully considered in the weapon system, from initial design through development and delivery to the customer.
We are looking for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer to work within our HF team across a number of national and international projects and research activities.
* Conduct of Human Factors Integration through the development lifecycle providing progressive assurance to the customer as per Def Stan 00-251
* Analysis and assessment of the role of the operator within the weapon system considering weapon system planning, command and control
* Analysis of physical ergonomics and integration into workspaces
* User interface prototyping and design
* Definition of HF requirements and development and maintenance of lower level detailed specifications (e.g. for HMI/HCI)
* Conduct of User Experiments and Trials supporting system conception, development and verification taking into account operator workload and situational awareness
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
* Substantial & demonstrable understanding of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering preferably in a Defence context:
o Application defence standards (00-251)
o Application of HF in the system lifecyle including (HFI, Task analysis, HCI specification, user trials and experimentation, physical ergonomics)
o Use of CAD software such as Jack
o Use of User Interface prototyping tools such as Axure
o Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines that interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Systems) including definition and verification of HF requirements.
* Good Understanding of the Military user community and ways of working
* MS Office, DOORS
* Ability to generate technical reports
* Good planning skills
* Customer focused
* Effective communication skills.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.