I am currently recruiting on behalf of an end - user in Bristol who are looking for a Power BI Developer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the BI Developer you will be responsible for creating reporting dashboards across all commercial and operational areas of the business. As a rapidly growing retail business data will play an ever increasingly important part of their growth from consumer understanding, through finance and logistics. In this hands on role you will be tasked with creating usable dashboards and ad-hoc reports to help commercial teams to make better informed decisions based on current performance and future trends.
- Design, develop and implement reporting in Power BI based on requirements across all commercial and operational business functions.
- Work on key data projects, mining and wrangling complex data from multiple disparate data sources using SQL Server.
- Extend and maintain the data warehouse and ETL processes in Azure SQL Database, transforming data into suitable models to support efficient and intuitive PowerBI reporting.
- Develop the business intelligence function within the business.
- Document all development efforts to ensure traceability.
- Seek out and proactively work on continuous improvement projects looking at the way data is compiled and identify opportunities for efficiencies through automation and process/database improvements
What experience will you need?
- Prior experience as a Database Analyst or BI Developer managing data within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment across multiple business functions
- T-SQL knowledge for querying and exploring data sets in Microsoft SQL Server
- The ability to identify, design, and implement internal process improvements; automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
- Creating reports, dealing with inquiries, communicating findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders within the business.
Would this be of interest? If yes, please get in touch today!
Consultant: Kamilla Hagen
Telephone: 0161 242 8839
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.