Role: Systems Engineer - Defence
Salary: Will consider applications up to £50k
Location: Bristol/ Stevenage
An exciting Systems Engineering vacancy within a world leading defence company has become available in Bristol or Stevenage. This opportunity is to join the R&D department developing state of the art technologies working from concept through to production. The company in question is routinely named as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK and offers a whole host of fantastic benefits.
Due to recent project wins and a need to expand the department they are looking for a range of R&D focused Systems Engineers to work on a wide variety of new technology. The main aspects you will be working on include (but not limited to): Lasers, microwave, antennas, optronics, photonics, electronics, RF.
This role suits an engineer who has an analytical and concept driven mindset, thriving in an R&D environment. This position will require you to work on novel technologies and identify new techniques to solve complex problems.
Activities listed below will give an insight into the role:
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team of systems engineers, simulation and modelling engineers, trials engineers etc.
- Customer interaction with stakeholders across the defence industry with some input into the bid process and contract management. This is dependent on level.
- Working on a wide variety of studies including: Capability development, trade studies, operation analysis, whole life costing, technology route mapping among others.
- Depending on expertise, you will be utilising commercial off the shelf modelling tools such as: Microwave studio CST, MATLAB, Simulink, WONAT etc.
Due to the concept driven nature of this position it is essential that you are flexible and can adapt to challenging situations. You will also be required to have familiarity traditional systems engineering tools such as: DOORS, Rhapsody etc.
- Masters or above in a Mathematical, Physics or Engineering based degree.
- Appreciation of systems engineering processes.
- Passion for concept driven work
- Excellent Communication
- Ability to gain a DV (Developed Vetting) clearance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime (subject to level)
- Pension scheme
and many more.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy