Outside IR35 pre and post April 2021.
Based in Bristol this role involves carrying out and managing a range of safety engineering activities and structuring safety evidence in the form of safety and environmental cases to support the development of equipment and the integration of IFF systems at a platform level (Land and Maritime).
- Identification and management of safety requirements supporting the development of system architectures
- Development of safety and environmental cases and structuring safety case arguments to support project milestones
- Development of fault trees and safety arguments to support the safety synthesis
- Engagement with suppliers and sub-contractors to gather information to support the safety case.
- Developing and managing System Safety Programs and Plans
- Conducting Safety Management in accordance with military standards and processes and demonstrating process compliance.
- Supporting the safety and Environmental Panel, Change Control Boards and attending customer facing meetings
- Degree in engineering (aerospace engineering, electronics, system engineering, system safety engineering or comparable)
- Application of hazard identification and risk assessment using the appropriate tools and techniques (such as Functional Failure Analysis, FMEA, Common Cause Analysis, Fault Tree Assessment) in aerospace industry, nuclear energy, railway supply or automobile industry
- Application of civilian and/or military aerospace safety standards and safety processes (Def Stan 00-55, Def Stan 00-56, JSP 454, MOD ASEMS, ARP 4761, MIL STD 882 and IEC 61508 are of advantage)
- Application of civilian and/or military environmental regulations and requirements (e.g. JSP 418, RoHS, REACH)
- Experience in producing safety cases, safety case reports and hazard logs.
- Experience developing and presenting ALARP arguments
- Excellent analytic skills as well as the ability to work in multidiscipline and multinational teams
- Systems Thinking Structuring Safety Case Arguments
- Use of Safety Toolsets (e.g. Fault Tree+, ADELARD GSN (or similar), eCassandra etc.)
- Requirements Development Hazard Identification and Hazard Management
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy