Application Production Services Specialist - Java, UNIX, Oracle, SQL
London / Hybrid working (3 days in office) + salary + benefits
Are you looking to join a financial giant where you can choose the projects you work on?
Good, as my client are looking for an 'Application Production Services Specialist' to join their well establish and fast-growing team!
They have an amazing progression plan and the ability to boost your exposure within your domain!
As we know recession is around the corner and most company will retract from hiring but not here, they are a well-established business who have the stability and safety to ensure personal and company growth!
As an 'Application Production Services Specialist' you will be working with development teams for take-on and training of new services or significant upgrades and will be providing support for Audits (internal and external).
The role will include Capacity and Performance Management as well as stakeholder management, working closely with Business and Operations partners to understand KPI metrics to measure service stability to prioritize defect fixes and enhancements
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in relevant IT experience (Production Support, ITIL, Release Support, Technical Implementations, or equivalent)
- Proven knowledge in some or all of the following: Java/J2EE - Core Java, JDBC, EJB, & Java Web Services & Experience in Server-side technologies - SOAP/Restful services, XML/XSLT, XML, JDBC, AOP, MQ Micro Services & MuleSoft.
- Good knowledge of Middleware components such as Message Broker, IBM Websphere MQ, JBoss application server, MuleSoft
- Strong operating system knowledge in Unix and Windows including strong scripting skills
- Experience with Database technologies (examples Oracle, DB2 and PL/SQL ) queries to support incident resolution.
- Experience of handling various production support roles (technical - L1/L2/L3) and hands-on experience in using at least 2-3 widely used monitoring / scheduling tools
- Ability to be part of IT production support team providing front-line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Incident / Problem Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring & Production Governance
- Experience troubleshooting, analysis, research, and resolution using advanced query, programming skills, conduct root cause analysis, and identify mitigations/risk
- Working on some weekends and bank holidays as part of a 5 day week shift pattern
- Leads End-to-End maintenance responsibility of all production services related to technology. Work activities specific to Production Shared Services include: Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management.
Competitive salary + benefits + Hybrid + apply now via the link!
Please be assured that your CV will be treated in the strictest confidence, and we would always speak to you before discussing your CV with any potential employer.
Please note we are on the client' supplier list for this position.
MODIS are operating as an Employment Agency. MODIS are an equal opportunities employer
Keywords: Hybrid, UNIX, Bromley, Windows, SQL, Oracle, Database, Java, J2EE, Core Java, JDBC, EJB, Java Web, SOAP/Restful services, XML/XSLT, XML, JDBC, AOP, MQ Micro Services, MuleSoft.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.