IT Security Analyst
- Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
- Location - Bromsgrove (Hybrid working - 2/3 days a week in the office ideally)
- Job Type - Full Time, Permanent
My client, a leading, fast growing company are seeking a IT Security Analyst would play a vital role in keeping sensitive information secure. Supporting the IT technical team in ensuring the network is monitored for cyber activity and being proactive in any remedial work. This role will also provide a support function to the Data Protection Officer and to the business in coordinating any Data Breaches and Data Subject Access Request identification and deletion.
- Assist the Security Engineer, Data Protection Officer, and IT Technical Team
- Assist with day-to-day administration and monitoring of Information Security Systems
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised, or illegal activity
- Review and assist data protection & security incidents and ensure correct closure and future prevention
- Report on and develop Security Metrics
- Assist in the creation, auditing and enforcement of Information Security Policies and Standards in line with business requirements
- Support a culture of security initiatives and activities to support and improve Information Security Awareness across the organization
- Locate and repair security problems and failures
- Collate security incident and event data to produce reports
- Assist with Data Subject Access Requests and deletions
- Remain up to date with new data and privacy legislation as well as emerging security technologies and understand/translate their risk relevance to the environment.
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of working within the banking / financial sector and good understanding of regulatory requirements (GDPR) (essential)
- A strong technical background in Cyber Security (2+ years).
- Experience in analysing IT Security data and log information
- Ability to provide input to data and security requirements for complex IT and business operations (essential)
- Has awareness of problem-solving procedures used for business-critical IT or data incidents (essential)
- Network infrastructure design, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DNS/DHCP (essential)
- Knowledge/experience in UK/EU Data Protection Regulations, PCI and ISO 27001 (desirable)
- CompTIA or any other recognised Information Security qualifications (CCNA security, CompTIA security+)
- Office 365 Suite.
Please apply ASAP to be considered
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.