An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function. MEP focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of customized high value / high complexity sub-systems and supporting new technology acquisition needed to deliver world-leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies. We are also responsible for developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with Suppliers who are crafting and delivering sophisticated sub-systems and unique services for us and our Customers.
We are seeking a Procurement Terms & Conditions Manager to provide commercial expertise in the development, drafting and execution of sophisticated contractual documentation and agreements with our suppliers, who are contracted to deliver equipment and services to support our domestic and export programmes. This role will suit someone who is able to provide terms and conditions advice, promoting the best practise contracting principles and aligned with applicable legislation and procurement policies.
As a Procurement Terms & Conditions Manager you will have, or develop, a broad knowledge of commercial relationships and terms and conditions to support contracting in a defence context and environment. Using this knowledge, you will provide expertise to a dynamic team on operational agreements, in support of a wide portfolio of goods and services. Furthermore, you will provide functional leadership and guidance on contract governance to train, shape and improve our team procurement contracting approach.
- Acting as a contracting champion by driving continuous improvement in subcontract terms and conditions generation, review, negotiation and execution in order to safeguard business interests and mitigate risk.
- Owning and continuously adapting various framework terms and conditions, templates and standard methodology guidance in order to protect the company and its information and ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Analysing, interpreting and advising on flow down of prime terms and conditions.
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of collaborators, focusing on collaboration
- Able to provide authority technical advice, guidance, support and training to team members and internal customers.
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of company systems and contracts database.
- Reporting to senior management on the progress of contractual topics.
- Secretary to the subcontract review panel and sub-contract committee.
- Support to the development of tools and information management systems.
- Work within a function that is business critical, supplying to the overall company business plan and know that you are making a real difference.
- A team who support one another in common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge, experience and opinion.
- A team with a drive to make things work better and prepared to redefine the established standards.
- Our work is sophisticated, exciting and varied. However, we all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work, deliver sustainable Defence capability to UK Armed forces and other international governments.
- This is a unique Procurement role, which will develop your ability to influence business decisions internally.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and agreeing contracts and agreements - ideally within a Defence and Aerospace context.
- Familiarity with MoD contracting including DEFCONs would be beneficial.
- Experience of Procurement within a complex industry would be beneficial.
- Ideally qualified to degree or equivalent level ideally in a business / legal subject area with relevant procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
- A driven self-starter with shown expertise in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements (preferably within Defence, Aerospace or related sector)
- An analytical and critical thinker with strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and validated experience of collaborating with corporate functions such as legal, sales, commercial etc
- Sound judgement and the ability to apply commercial risk basked judgment to decisions
- A highly organised and meticulous individual able to manage, prioritise and deliver multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure, with minimal direction.
- Someone with effective interpersonal and communication skills with an open, confident and clear leadership style and a keen interest in establishing links.
- You will have a curiosity about staying updated on industry and legal trends and be able to promote best practice and functional excellence.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.