Business Development Manager - Remote Working (Travel required)
- OTE Bonus
- Flexi-time (40hr week)
- Private Healthcare & Pension
- 28 holiday + Bank Holidays
Your role will be to develop business. You will have the autonomy to create and implement a strategy to identify and secure new business opportunities with new clients in your portfolio and receive, where required full support from the established Business Development teams both in the UK and across Europe. Your responsibilities will include achieving personal quotas and developing the UK market with intimate support from the wider group.
Below are some key points we are looking for although not absolute. We are looking to attract self-starting, highly motivated, consultative persons who can work independently and methodically with a background demonstrating the following:
- Experience in working/developing business in a competitive environment
- Understanding of Engineering (Systems/Software)
- Solution selling experience, ideally from within a consulting environment although this is flexible depending on the market you have exposure too.
- Industry experience within engineering sectors such Defence, Aerospace, Rail and Automotive.
- Responding to technical proposals - RFQ, PQQ, RFI etc.
- Proven experience and a track record in an account management / business development role
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering or a scientific field, or equivalent experience preferred
What you will be doing
- Development of an existing customer base, extracting requirements and owning the delivery solutions, development of new customers / detecting the customer's pain points and needs
- Managing commercial relationships / writing proposals to meet customers' requirements
- Supporting business administration and ensuring proper execution of the contracts won
- Manage the whole sales process including the production of a Business Development Plan for each sales opportunity / meet and exceed new business sales targets, both individually and as a team
- Attend business seminars, networking events as the face
- Creating both immediate and long-term strategic relationships
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.