We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled EMC Test Engineer to join our dynamic team
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled EMC Test Engineer to join our dynamic team. As an EMC Test Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) compliance of our automotive and motorsport electronics products. Your primary responsibilities will involve planning, preparing, and conducting EMC tests at designated test facilities. By collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will ensure that our products meet or exceed industry standards, such as IEC CISPR 25, ISO 7637, ISO 11452, and ISO 16750.
If you are passionate about EMC testing and have a keen eye for detail, we welcome you to join our team and make a significant impact on the future of our automotive and motorsport electronics.
- EMC Test Planning: Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define the EMC test requirements for new and existing automotive/motorsport electronics products. Develop comprehensive test plans that encompass the necessary EMC standards and compliance objectives.
- Test Equipment Preparation: Identify and procure the appropriate EMC test equipment required for conducting the tests according to the defined standards. Ensure that all testing instruments and setups are calibrated and in optimal working condition.
- Test Facility Coordination: Liaise with external EMC test facilities to schedule and coordinate testing activities. Arrange for necessary equipment transportation and handle any logistical requirements.
- EMC Testing Execution: Conduct a variety of EMC tests, including radiated emissions, radiated immunity, conducted emissions, conducted immunity, transient immunity, and other relevant tests as per applicable standards. Ensure accurate and repeatable test results.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Analyse test results, identify potential issues, and work with the engineering team to address EMC-related challenges. Prepare comprehensive test reports that include detailed findings, observations, and recommendations for improvements.
- EMC Compliance Documentation: Assist in generating and maintaining EMC compliance documentation, such as test plans, test reports, and test certificates. Ensure that all compliance-related documentation meets industry requirements and company standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up to date with the latest EMC standards, testing methodologies, and regulations related to automotive and motorsport electronics. Suggest and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with internal engineering teams, including hardware, software, and systems, to integrate EMC design considerations throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Problem Solving: Troubleshoot EMC issues as they arise during testing or in the field, and work with the engineering team to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company's compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in EMC testing and compliance, preferably in the automotive or motorsport industry.
- Strong knowledge of EMC test standards, including IEC CISPR 25, ISO7637, ISO11452, and ISO16750.
- Familiarity with EMC test equipment, such as spectrum analysers, signal generators, antennas, oscilloscopes, and conducted immunity setups.
- Ability to interpret and analyse EMC test data and results effectively.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to plan and execute multiple tests concurrently.
- Detail-oriented and capable of maintaining accurate and well-organized test records.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically and suggest innovative solutions.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present test findings and recommendations.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.