Principal Safety Engineer - Outside IR35 - Remote Working
Principal Safety Engineer required to bring experience of guiding safety elements of large programmes and sometimes delivering across multiple project/programmes. You will be responsible for the creation and management of Safety Plans and Safety & Environmental Cases in accordance with company processes. You will provide analysis of software and hardware design capabilities in order to identify hazards, their causes and consequences, and formulates specific functional safety requirements and/or operational processes.
Typical activities will include:
- Manage delivery on the safety programme.
- Safety management and maintenance of the system safety case including:
- Managing the development of new Product Safety Cases and Safety Case Reports and their ongoing maintenance.
- Managing the Safety Programme including the timely updating and release of safety CDRLs.
- Providing safety management and analysis input.
- Ensuring adherence to the Safety Policy with the scope of work
- Providing safety SME input as required.
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant UK / EU legislation and regulation, safety and environmental processes, procedures and standards.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience / competence in Safety Engineering for large scale system of systems, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience / competence.
- Demonstrable ability to guide a Safety Engineering capability.
- Competence in the following areas:
- System and product safety case plans and reports
- Software Safety
- Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis
- Modular Safety Cases and Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Def Stan 00-051, 00-055; 00-056; IEC 61508; DSA02.DLSR.LSSR; DO-254; DO-178B and C;
- Safety Integrity Levels (SILs)
- Legislative compliance and knowledge of current/future safety and environmental legislation
- OHHA / OSHA
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.