Senior Project Controller required to interface with a number of key project stakeholders across the business, but primarily with Senior Project Managers, Control Account Managers and Programme Managers. This is a specific role for a fixed time period to meet two specific goals:
- Lead a re-plan and re-baseline of one of the major programmes, introducing additional governance measures
- Act as lead trainer for the planning and project controls area supporting the other staff in this discipline (5) to grow and align skills across the team
Typical activities will include:
- Work with assigned Project Manager(s) to scope project requirements into a coherent WBS, OBS and RAM.
- Produce resourced & time phased schedules with critical paths to help ensure that all tasks are complete and milestones are achieved on target and within budget.
- Regularly collect task status and update the schedule, analyse any variation or forecasted variation to plan.
- Carry out Schedule Quality Analysis, Schedule Uncertainty Analysis, Schedule Risk Analysis and Critical Path Analysis on schedules as required within assigned projects.
- Review ETCs, EACs and other inputs with budget holders and submit updated forecasts to financial system.
- Track all expenditure on assigned projects, analyse spending trends and estimate final costs, reporting any deviation from baseline.
- Carry out Cost Risk Analysis on schedules as required within assigned projects.
- Update each work package within a project schedule at the required frequency to log project performance as reported by assigned Project Manager(s).
- Generate Earned Value reports at the required frequency and review & address identified variances with assigned Project Manager(s) and Project Accountant.
- Provide resource profile output from schedules into the resource management system used by the business.
- Provide risk and related data in agreed formats for reporting purposes.
- Maintain high level Risk Network schedules for use in Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Organise and facilitate regular project progress reviews with team, track progress and ensure all are aware of forthcoming activities.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Has a solid understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to provide high quality support to assigned projects.
- Is flexible with a service delivery mind-set, providing ad-hoc support and undertaking additional activities as required
- Is required to produce high quality work on time and is recognised as contributing to the success of assigned projects, demonstrating their expertise to project team members.
- Supports and contributes to improvement initiatives.
- Experience in the principles behind Project Planning and Control, and can apply them in situations without needing supervision or guidance
- Create, maintain and report detailed, complex project schedules using Microsoft Project, and use EVM to effectively manage and report progress on a project
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Create, maintain and report risks using a risk management tool (such as Active Risk Manager (ARM)), and carry out Schedule Risk Analysis using risk management tool & Microsoft Project.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the Security Vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy