ROLE - Application Developer
LOCATION - Chesterfield
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced application developer to join a well know, respected and influential organisation in the Sheffield region. The IT team are looking to add an experienced developer to help them with a range of bespoke solutions to address business needs - this is a role that would suit someone who is a real problem solver that enjoys coming up with innovative software solutions.
Reporting to the head of IT the candidate will be involved in end to end development of new systems used across the wider group whilst also working closely with support teams on existing systems. In return the candidate will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years commercial experience working on the development of business applications
- Technical skills including:
- SQL Server 2008 R2+ (T-SQL Scripting, Stored Procedures) (and previous)
- Understanding of n-tiered architecture
- The proven ability to take a software development project from design to deployment and a practical understanding of the software development lifecycle
- The ability to work closely with the database administrators, business analysts and other team members to solve problems and deliver projects on time
- Commitment to improve the quality of the development process
- Agile / TDD / BDD (desirable)
If this vacancy is of interest please send the most up-to-date version of your CV and/or get in touch with Karl Ford at Modis via phone/linkedin/email.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy