Software Engineer required to be able contribute to design workshops, define tests for automated testing of the design, develop high quality software supported by unit tests and verify the implementation against the design using the automated tests; engage in defect resolution and associated support. Familiarity with the concepts of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development and Test Driven Development are also important. The candidate must be able to work with a minimal amount of supervision and be pro-active in assisting the Agile Product Owner and Scrum Master with refinement of the Sprint and Product backlog. You must have a disciplined approach both to software engineering and managing their own time as well as being an effective communicator and an engaged team member
Typical activities will include:
- Developing software in Java for a RESTful OData series of servlets built on Spring,JPA and Hibernate.
- Data Model design and implementation for use by a RDMS.
- Developing and maintaining component level automated tests using Katalon, Gatling and PowerShell.
- Developing unit test using JUnit.
- Working with other team members to plan Sprints, refine the Product Backlog and participate in Program Increment Planning.
- Using integration target, diagnostic and test tools to exercise code.
- Working with support staff of 3rd party suppliers to help expedite solving of issues
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Experience of software implementation, software design and test experience, preferably in complex systems.
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies
- Have familiarity with software implementations for the following languages :- Java, or C# or C++.
- Experience of GitLab as a source control tool
- Eclipse IDE.
- Enterprise Architect.
- Spring, Hibernate, Web Servlet development.
- Relational Databases
Candidates must be willing to undergo the Security Vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy