We are seeking a Data Architect that has a high level of Data Modelling creation and maintenance of Data Artefacts. the end client is a large government entity that will be remote.
Rates: Circa £500-550pd
Duration: 12 months
IR35 Status: INSIDE
*Covid-19 - the interviews process are being done via skype, MS Teams, remote on boarding.
Expert level of data modelling and the creation and maintenance of data artefacts, including the development and application of canonical models and metadata definitions.
Development, adoption and evolution of data standards.
Data analysis, synthesis and profiling to gain insights, ideally using "big data" techniques.
Adoption, application and development of data governance, including experience of conducting data audits.
* Assist the development and Implementation of a metadata approach for a Data Centric environment Including:
o Evolving a metadata model in alignment with the needs of a Data Centric programme.
o Working with development teams to overcome implementation issues of the metadata model.
o The clear definition of the appropriate scope and requirements for the storage and lifecycle management of metadata.
o Modelling and documenting metadata within specified business areas using an agreed documentation tool and approach.
o Developing an implementation and testing strategy for the metadata model to ensure it is robust and meets best practice requirements.
* Analyse and document the mapping of data between specified current operational systems and target data structures within a data lake, establishing clear views of data ownership and mastership.
* Facilitate and coordinate any data architecture related activities that arise as part of our agile way of working.
* Work with the internal Data Architecture community to transfer appropriate knowledge around data architecture.
* Support the business and wider government in developing its Marine Spatial Data Information framework.
* Support the development of an Enterprise Data Architecture strategy
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy