ROLE TITLE: Automated Test Engineer
LOCATION: Derbyshire, with regular trips to other sites
My client is looking for an automated test engineer to join their team in Derby. They are looking for someone to be responsible for designing and executing the testing of software products and solutions. This role is varied, and will give you the chance to work in a dynamic ISO 9001 accredited environment. The position involves supporting the engineering team and the testing of the systems through the full development lifecycle.
In this role you will be expected to define the test plan and where necessary strategy, test environment, scenarios, scripts and data required, along with executing and reporting on findings to ensure the high-quality standards set, continue to be maintained.
- Lead the automated testing of products and solutions.
- Devise, setup/maintain appropriate both manual and automated test environments.
- Requirement's analysis and defining of test criteria
- Define and document the test plans
- Create and execute test cases
- Defect tracking and management
- Testing quality reporting
- Ensure all required safety systems are complied with
- Consistently communicate risks and issues to the appropriate party
- Continuous improvement of strategies, tooling and practices
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
- At least 1 year's practical experience within a software development environment
- Knowledge/experience of working with automation in testing
- Experience in using Ranorex
- Experience of Functional/Non-Functional Testing
- Firm understanding of the software development life cycle
- Diagnostic and problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Takes responsibility for quality
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong technical writing skills
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
- Practical experience within a software test environment
- Knowledge of test management procedure and tools (e.g. qTest)
- Experience in using defect tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Some software development/scripting skills an advantage (e.g. C++, C#, Python)
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.