Network Support Team Leader
£40,000 - £45,000 plus great company benefits
Our client is an engineering-based company with a reputation built on the provision of robust technical solutions. They specialise in Managed Network Services, Wireless Networking, Cloud Connectivity, Unified Communications, Network and Data Security. Our client pride themselves on offering high levels of service, they are a Cisco Premier Partner, holding advanced certifications in Enterprise Networks, Security and Collaboration. All their engineers have cisco accreditations.
They are currently looking for a Network Support Team Leader, this can be someone that has a background as an IT Team Leader or even a Network Engineer looking to make that step towards being a team leader. In this role an ideal candidate will need to have a strong work ethic, a flexible attitude, and an ability to perform under pressure. Along with excellent communication skills, with experience of being personable and communicative in a customer facing environment. You will also need to be a big motivator for your team and help guide and lead them to success. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Service & Support team, managing major incidents and being the first point of technical escalation for the team.
Ideally the client would like someone on site but is potentially open to a hybrid approach
- Both managing and undertaking of day-to-day support activity
- Oversight of Major Incidents and Priority 1 tickets, including Root Cause Analysis
- Giving direction to the team to help focus priorities such as Ensuring new tickets are picked up efficiently and Ensuring tickets are updated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that monitoring alerts are acted upon appropriately
- Scheduling resource for onsite callout visits where required
- First point of technical escalation for the Support team
- Producing customer SLA reports and attending monthly service reviews
- Helping to develop processes and procedures for the team
- Monthly reporting to the Head of Engineering on Support Team statistics, performance, and trends
- Experience of day-to-day working with Cisco technologies, applicants should have a CCNA certified at a minimum and being CCNP certified preferable but not essential depending upon experience working at this level
- Experience of working in an IT customer service / support team environment
- Experience of ITIL principles (including Incident, Problem & Change Management)
- Effective organisational and planning skills
- Confident and approachable attitude
- Leadership skills - able to provide guidance and support to others
- Meticulous approach to problem solving
- Customer focused with a drive for quality throughout
- Windows / VMware / Linux - administration & management skills beneficial but not essential
- Valid UK Driving License
This job description provides a guideline to the key responsibilities and desired skills of the role but is not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform different tasks as your role develops.
Please apply ASAP to be considered on contact email@example.com more information
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.