Unity Developer / C# Programmer Exeter/Hybrid
My client based in Exeter is looking for a C# and/or Unity developer to join their team. This role has come about due to expansion, my client have just secured funding for their bespoke VR software products so is a really exciting time to join the business!
They are looking for an experience developer with either commercial experience in Unity and some C# or a C# developer with some Unity to join the team. Their projects span across health, aviation and military applications. The company is a specialist in immersive technology and they create artificially intelligent Virtual Reality experiences!
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Unity C# experience (1 years+ in industry/outside of education) with IDEALLY experience working in VR (or in XR more generally)
- Experience utilising C# .NET in non-Unity projects.
- At least some familiarity of S.O.L.I.D development principles or other similar (GRASP, CUPID, etc.)
- Has implemented fully working multiplayer functionality into a project (preferably from the ground up, and using Mirror or the now deprecated and dead "Unity Networking").
- Has worked on VR project before. Especially in making comfortable experiences (no VR sickness).
- Is familiar with underlying computer technologies (binary in memory, data storage, networking, etc.).
- Has experience working with, and setting up, GIT repositories.
- Understands the needs of writing clean code with clear comments.
- Understands the necessity for following programming style guides.
- Has released a game onto the wider market (itch.io, Steam, Oculus, etc.). Preferably, at least one of these should be VR, but not essential.
- Has experience in optimisation of VR in terms of visual fidelity - such as in the use of optimised textures, texture arrays, shaders and masking.
- Experience in the use of eye-tracking.
- Bachelor's degree in a related game design/game development/programming/computer science topic.
In return for your skill my client is offering a salary up to £40000 depending on experience (they are also open to part time applications ie 3 /4 days a week!), pension, parking on site, amazing offices / location in Exeter, hybrid working etc!
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.