Application Production Support - Investment Banking
The client is looking to build a large new team within Application Production Support for the Banks Global Banking Applications, primary responsibilities are identification and resolution of production incidents. Problem Management post incident resolution to determine root cause, mitigating actions, drive and track permanent resolution. Management of incident and problem tickets through the enterprise ITSM tool.
The role also includes
- Capacity and Performance Management.
- Working with development teams for take-on and training of new services or significant upgrades.
- Providing support for Audits (internal and external).
- Stakeholder management, working closely with Business and Operations partners to understand KPI metrics to measure service stability to prioritize defect fixes and enhancements
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, ITIL, Release Support, Technical Implementations, or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Proven knowledge in some or all of the following: Java/J2EE - Core Java, JDBC, EJB, & Java Web Services & Experience in Server-side technologies - SOAP/Restful services, XML/XSLT, XML, JDBC, AOP, MQ Micro Services & MuleSoft.
- Good knowledge of Middleware components such as Message Broker, IBM Websphere MQ, JBoss application server, MuleSoft
- Strong operating system knowledge in Unix and Windows including strong scripting skills
- Experience with Database technologies (examples Oracle, DB2 and PL/SQL ) queries to support incident resolution.
- Knowledge of event driven and schedule driven batch processes
- Experience of handling various production support roles (technical - L1/L2/L3) and hands-on experience in using at least 2-3 widely used monitoring / scheduling tools
- Ability to be part of IT production support team providing front-line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Incident / Problem Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring & Production Governance
- Experience troubleshooting, analysis, research, and resolution using advanced query, programming skills, conduct root cause analysis, and identify mitigations/risk
- Experience with real-time restoration, triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period
- Ability to assess initial severity, gather impacts, engage necessary supporting teams, and escalate as necessary to ensure timely restoration
- Experience with on call support for triaging problems, coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management
- Leads End-to-End maintenance responsibility of all production services related to technology. Work activities specific to Production Shared Services include: Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management.
- Actively engage and lead production support issues/incidents. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution.
- Ensure production and performance SLAs are met and escalate issues which needs attention.
- Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision.
- Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Shared Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, process improvements, standards and procedures.
- Support of on-call rotation for off-hours and weekend support as needed.
Alternative roles looking for COBOL or SWIFT Skillsets (5 years' experience).
Rate: 400 Euros a day, flexible. Permanent options available.
Location: Dublin 3 days a week/ 2 days remote (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 months with extensions.
And only a One stage Interview Process!
Please reach out and send your CV over if this looks appealing.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.