Are you an AWS Architect looking for new opportunities?
We do have a new upcoming role for our client in Munich. Check the short summary below and apply if you are interested.
Role: AWS Architect
Job type: Contract - 6 months initially
Location: Munich, Germany / Zurich, Switzerland
- Responsible for designing, creating, communicating and executing the Enterprise Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud Strategy for Client and its subsidiaries.
- Developing Enterprise Cloud capabilities, both internal, hybrid and external, and all cloud service types; IaaS, PaaS, and Saas.
- Collaborates with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development organizations during Cloud System design and development phases, providing advice, interpretation, and review of Enterprise Cloud architecture and design principles.
- Focuses on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of the solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members.
- Conducts research and understands cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption, and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities and how they relate in support of Client overall Enterprise Architecture.
- 10+ years overall professional experience in a leading-edge engineering environment building complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications, of which a minimum of 4+ years in designing and developing AWS cloud-based solutions
- Strong proficiency in AWS Technology stack, specifically DynamoDB, MongoDB, Kinesis, AWS Data Pipeline, RedShift, Elasticache, Postgres etc.
- Experience with Amazon Services such as AWS, S3, Elastic load balancing / Block / Relational Database
- In-depth experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability
- Experience architecting automated data centre processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation
- Experience with Continuous Development/Deployment/Integration design and best practices
- Experience managing and working with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible)
German is not mandatory for this role - we are looking for someone who can work on-site in Munich and is also flexible to travel to Zurich. Initially on-site and after remote can also be discussed.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in and a match for your skill set, please do reply back to this ad with your latest CV, rate and availability, I will be happy to reach you back.
Alba Cougil Celix
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.