3rd Line Team Leader
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit an experienced 3rd Line Team Leader to join their team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a talented Team Leader in Windows Server, Server Hardware and Virtualisation technologies. On offer is a key position working on a broad range of the latest technology, with a team of talented Engineers.
This role offers hybrid working and comes with a highly competitive salary/benefits package.
As the 3rd Line Team Leader you will lead a global team of 3rd line engineers including; line management, team/individual objective setting/appraisals, resource management, out-of-hours rota management, incident/request management, coaching, first/single point of contact/escalation point and you will be the lead technical member in the team.
- Conduct service reviews with internal customers and external vendors/suppliers.
- Represent the team in internal and external audits along with owning the findings of the audits.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in a number of technologies managed within the team.
- Lead on the installation, configuration, maintenance and support of infrastructure and systems
- Offer expertise within the team for the resolution of all technical incidents and problems
- Make a significant contribution in delivering continual tangible and measurable benefits and value in terms of improving customer service & satisfaction and operational efficiency, whilst reducing risk and operational costs to minimal levels
- Proactively identify opportunities and create and deliver robust business case proposals to team Manager to improve reliability, stability and efficiency
- Instigate and orchestrate changes to infrastructure and systems, in line with change control processes
- Facilitate and lead, the management of medium/large technical projects and complex work packages into business as usual operations
- Support, coach and mentor the more junior members of the team, leading by example
- Contribute with ideas and suggestions on continuous service improvement
- Develop, produce and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required
- Provide out of hours support for major incidents as part of an on-call rota (currently 1 in 4)
- People and resource management of a global team (approx. 7 engineers)
- Forward demand and capacity planning, both people and infrastructure.
- Incident / request management
- Vendor/supplier management
- Significant technical knowledge, understanding and expertise including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server technologies;
- Disaster Recover, Replication and Recovery services
- Storage technologies: SAN (HPE 3Par, EMC VNX, HPE Nimble) , Fibre Channel Switches (Brocade) etc.
- IaaS and Cloud technologies; Microsoft Azure, Office 365, AWS, RackSpace
- Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Load-Balancing technologies (JetNexus & Citrix Netscaler)
- System Management and monitoring technologies; SCOM, SCCM, ScienceLogic
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
- Anti-virus technologies; Microsoft Defender for Endpoints
- Experience supporting large/enterprise level infrastructures
- Solid operational understanding of service management standards and tools; Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation qualified
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.