Infrastructure Technical Consultant
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Technical Consultant to join their marketing leading team and work within an internal consultancy capacity. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team who can provided you with development and training opportunities with exposure to emerging technologies.
This role offers hybrid working and comes with a highly competitive salary/benefits package.
As an Infrastructure Technical Consultant you will provide technical design and support for an enterprise Infrastructure that supports applications, and implementation. You will technically analyse, document, and implement new infrastructure solutions to deploy systems and applications.
- Define, design, document, and implement technical solutions to support applications and application owners.
- Define, document, and implement new technical solutions / features to enhance systems.
- Manage and perform technical implementation activities to support business take-on and in-life change projects in line with project timescales and against the agreed process and procedures
- Raise system changes for technical activities that need to be performed under the change management process
- Considers support, security and potential legal constraints in work
- Support the Operations function where needed
- Able to deal with vendors, assessing whether products are fit for use within the project scope
- Produce well-articulated and succinct documentation to support technical requirements and support activities whilst producing reports and risk and issue logs where appropriate
- Analysis and resolve complex faults across the infrastructure.
- Where faults cannot be resolved, ensure all technical investigation activities are documented and an incident is logged with the supplier(s) and help managed through to completion
- Technical Knowledge
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux (Red Hat & Oracle)
- Enterprise Infrastructure, (especially HPE): Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS), Network Switches & Routers, Servers
- Virtualisation: VMWare
- Network understanding of TCP/IP, Firewalls, proxy, routing, load balancing.
- System Management: SNMP, WMI, RMI
- ITIL knowledge with a broad understanding how tooling underpins the ITIL functions in Event Management, Capacity & Availability Management and Asset & Configuration Management
- Good general IT background (Hardware, Active Directory, Database Technologies (Oracle and Microsoft SQL), Microsoft Exchange, Networking, Firewalls, Virtualisation, Citrix, PowerShell)
- Ability to design in-depth, complex technical solutions
- Considers security & potential legal constraints in work
- In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure technology and its business application
- Demonstrates excellent technical documentation authoring skills
- Understanding and or working experience of Cisco ACI
- Understanding and or working experience of Azure Cloud, networking, and migration
- Understanding and or working experience of AD, ADFS, AAD, MFA and SSO
- Automation and scripting
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.