Modis are currently working in partnership with a global technical service provider to recruit an experienced Portfolio Manager with a proven history of managing a high volume of projects and Project Managers within an enterprise organisation.
Please note the client we are recruiting for are an enterprise organisation with multiple offices UK wide. On offer is remote working with the ability to travel to a local office when required.
As the Portfolio Manager you will manage a team of project managers to deliver a portfolio of complex, multi-threaded, multi-site, high value projects.
- Actively involved in project take on, working with the technology office team to align priorities, manage resource capacity/availability and forecast the project pipeline
- Responsible for estimating and pricing of the project elements of bids to effectively scope the project requirements.
- Run Project Definition Workshops to define requirements and accurately scope project outcomes.
- Shape the teams on complex, multi-threaded, multi-site, high value projects to deliver outcomes in line with project definition.
- Coordinate and plan resource requirements to ensure project outcome deadlines are adhered to.
- Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally to achieve project objectives.
- Responsible for stakeholder management reports through relevant tools to provide up to date information on project progress.
- Responsible for the required project documentation to enable successful project outcomes.
- Responsible for ensuring projects consistently adhere to the internal governance framework.
- Line manage a team of Project and Senior Project Managers.
- An experienced portfolio manager with a strong track record in portfolio delivery, assurance, governance and methodology.
- You will have a track record of actively contributing to, and being accountable for, engagement outcomes and delivering operational excellence from the portfolio's delivered.
- Experienced in line management of a team of project managers, setting objectives, setting variable pay objectives, driving workloads and ensuring the quality of the project delivery.
- Responsible for maximizing resource allocation based on resource availability and prioritised projects.
- You will be used to managing virtual teams across multiple locations and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology-oriented projects, across either Applications, Security or Infrastructure type IT projects.
- A track record of managing a portfolio of costs, reporting on the costs into senior management.
- Experience of conflict management and issue resolution is also required.
- You will also have experience of leading project initiations, production of Statements of Work and responsibility of quality control of PID/SOW from your team.
- Your experience should be backed up with evidence of working in a structured manner and complying with defined standards and processes using a range of approaches including waterfall and Agile.
- Ideally you will hold a Prince2 Practitioner qualification, ISEB or APM qualification and, preferably, a Prince2Agile or Scrum qualification.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to play a pivotal part in a market leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.