Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit an experienced Windows Engineer to join their team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a talented 3rd Line Engineer/Analyst with expertise in Windows Server and Virtualisation technologies. On offer is a key position working on a broad range of the latest technology, with a team of talented Engineers.
This role offers hybrid working and comes with a highly competitive salary/benefits package.
As a Windows Engineer you will act as a senior technical resource within Wintel Operations and play a senior role in implementing optimised processes and management practices that result in infrastructure, systems and services, which are reliable, scalable, secure, efficient, well controlled and documented, adhering to ITIL best practices.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of infrastructure and systems
- Offer expertise within the team for the resolution of all technical incidents and problems
- Make a significant contribution in delivering continual tangible and measurable benefits and value in terms of improving customer service & satisfaction and operational efficiency, whilst reducing risk and operational costs to minimal levels
- Instigate and orchestrate changes to infrastructure and systems, in line with change control processes
- Support, coach and mentor the more junior members of the team, leading by example
- Contribute with ideas and suggestions on continuous service improvement
- Develop, produce and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required
- Provide out of hours support for major incidents as part of an on-call rota (currently 1 in 4)
Significant knowledge, understanding and expertise including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server technologies; MS Server, MS Clustering, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Windows Terminal Services, Certificate Services, ADFS
- VMware Data Centre Virtualisation, vSphere ESXi, vCenter, SRM/SRA,
- Server Hardware: HPE Apollo, HPE Synergy / One View, HPE Rack/Blade Servers.
- Storage technologies : SAN (HPE 3Par, EMC VNX, HP Nimble), Fibre Channel Switches (Brocade) etc.
- Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
Ability to undergo Security Clearance
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.