Embedded Software Team Leader
£55'000 to £65'000 approx.
Northern Home Counties
An international Aerospace & Defence company is seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to lead a team of talented engineers in the design and development of embedded software that will be used as a part of state of the art projects and technology used by the British Ministry of Defence. The work you would do in this role will help to save lives and change the way this country is defended in years to come.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of software engineers providing your direct reports with the technical direction, coaching and mentoring they need to help you deliver on cutting edge projects.
- You would still be doing technical work too, being involved in real time embedded software development yourself.
- Estimate, plan, allocate and deploy team member's workload to ensure that deliveries are met to time, budget and quality constraints.
- Ensuring team size capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages.
We need you to show us:
- Experience managing direct reports.
- The ability to lead the estimating, planning, allocation and execution of work packages to ensure deliverables are met to time, budget and quality constraints.
- Real time embedded software development using a high level language.
- That you have experience in across most of if not all of the software life-cycle from requirements definition up to implementation, integration test and delivery.
- Knowledge of developing software within a development process framework.
- An understanding of Software Configuration Management tools
- Self-motivated with a strong technical focus and aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion.
What You'll Get Out Of It:
- Industry Distinction:
- You will be at the forefront of significant UK defence programme that will help keep our forces and our country safe both now and in the years to come
- You will be able to help shape the next generation of sensor and communication systems for the state of the art airborne platforms of the future.
- Investment in your Learning & Development :
- Throughout your career here you'll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
- Flexible Working:
- along with many other perks and benefits
- To be a part of something special:
- We are proud of our rich heritage in the UK defence sector, and we continue to be a dependable and respected ally to the MoD.
Interested and think you have the right skills and experience?
Then apply now with your current CV and get yourself in the running.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy