I am recruiting for an Azure Cloud Engineer contractor to collaborate with product owners, application development and support teams and provide technical leadership in support of my client's initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Hands-on experience on provisioning and configuring IaaS and PaaS services like virtual machines, app services, databases, storage account, virtual network, function app, data factory, key vault, service bus, event grid, databricks etc.
- Expertise with Infrastructure as Code automation tools and languages (Terraform, ARM, PowerShell, etc.) is highly desired.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Azure DevOps and setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with setting up Logging and Monitoring solutions using Log Analytics workspace, App Insights and Azure Monitor.
- Demonstrate ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Understanding of design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for cloud applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolution of complex problems within the infrastructure.
- Work on designing/implementing/automation procedures for deployment, configuration, patching and upgrading of systems and applications.
- Conduct analysis of production systems and performance testing results to identify areas of improvement within the application or infrastructure.
- Work closely with vendors, internal groups and outside agencies to provide technical leadership and solutions.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Document implementation details for Operational teams and provide technical support as needed.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Strong client-facing consultative skills, able to act as a customer advocate.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux Server architectures.
- Experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) technologies.
- Familiar with one or more server-side scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash).
- Understanding of concepts like High Availability, Clustering, Failover and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud.
- Understanding of application layer protocols, such as HTTP/S, TCP/IP, UDP and Web sockets.
- Demonstrated abilities with SSO-related software such as ADFS, Ping Identity, OpenSSO, oAuth, Okta or other SAML & OpenID Connect providers.
- Understanding of Web application security and concepts, such as Ticketing, header injection, XSS, SSL, HTTPS, Kerberos, certificates, Active Directory, LDAP, reverse proxies and firewalls.
The role offers full flexibility to work from home and is an excellent opportunity to join on a 6 month contract. There is If you feel you have the relevant experience, please send your CV ASAP for consideration and a potential interview.
The role has been deemed inside of scope for IR35 so contractors will need to work via an Adecco Group approved Umbrella Company for this assignment.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.