SOC Analyst - SIEM, SOC, Threat, IDS, IPS, Web Application
Salary + Bonus + Benefits + hybrid / Nottingham London
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a SOC environment focusing on threat analysis?
Well, look no further as I am working with an established Cyber Security consultancy who have excelled year on year to bring their expertise to ensure safety against threats, hacks and disruptions!
As a 'SOC Analyst' you will be Covering over 30+ data centers and working in-house, you'd be involved in monitoring security events and identifying potential incidents; reviewing alerts, assessing risks and prioritizing incident investigation; developing security tools and integrations to automate security operation processes; configuring and maintaining SIEM tools.
You will formulate and / or re-engineer SOC processes, how-to-guides & procedures to maximise operational efficiency
As an experienced candidate you will quality check SOC Tickets to ensure communications to customers is of a high standard and internal processes for Incident Management & Request Fulfilment are being followed. You will implement training & development plans for SOC Team to advance their internal.
As a candidate you will take ownership of and to make sure all high priority Incidents / Requests are escalated to the Senior Team as soon as they are.
An ideal candidate will have
- Knowledge & use of SIEM toolsets
- Knowledge & use of Full Packet Capture toolsets
- Knowledge & use of Intrusion Detection Systems
- Understanding of IDS and IPS technologies
- Analysis of Linux / Windows event logs
- Understanding how to analyse network traffic
- Python Programming Language
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Experience creating and following processes for Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Event Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Service Design & Transition, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Availability Management, Service Catalogue Management, and 3rd Party Supplier Management
- Eligible to undergo SC Clearance
- Experience of working in an ISO 27001 & ISO20000-1 compliant environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, IT or similar
- Management & Leadership Training or Certifications
- ITIL Foundation, Specialist, Strategist or Leader Certifications
- Service Desk Institute Training or Certifications
- CompTIA Security+ / CompTIA CYSA+
Does this sound like an environment you could thrive in?
Competitive salary + Bonus + benefits + Hybrid + apply now via the link!
Please be assured that your CV will be treated in the strictest confidence, and we would always speak to you before discussing your CV with any potential employer.
Please note we are on the client' supplier list for this position.
AKKODIS are operating as an Employment Agency. AKKDOIS are an equal opportunities employer
Keywords: Hybrid, Cyber, SOC, Threat, Senior, Analysis, SIEM, Packet, GDPR, Cyber Security, Traffic, IPS, IDS, Scripting, Security, Firewall, web, Web application
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.