Job Title: Compliance Manager Location: Hackney, London LHR16 (3 days onsite, 2 days remote) Duration: 6-9 Months Day rate: £315.00 - £488.00 Daily (PAYE)
Employment start date: 05/June/2023
We are looking for an experienced compliance and risk professional to join the Payments Compliance team to invent simple solutions to difficult regulatory issues. The Compliance Manager is specifically responsible for providing Compliance subject matter expertise across lines of business offering payments, lending, and prepaid products. The team will assist business units in understanding the tactical steps required to launch products that meet the bar with respect to all applicable laws and regulations. Areas of expertise include fraud, AML, internet, operational, and consumer protection laws and their connection to e-commerce and payments industries. we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration. This is an opportunity to be the driving force behind a well-oiled and transparent compliance program and a champion of the businesses they support.
Regulatory Scope: PSD2, AML5, Payment Services Directive, AML Regulations, Data Protection and Privacy/GDPR, lending Regulations (multi-jurisdictions)
Support implementation and management of an effective compliance framework for conduct, financial crime and consumer protection risks
Work with legal teams to understand applicable regulations and regulatory risks associated with launching or changing products
Monitor regulatory change and provide technical guidance to the business on relevant regulatory issues to that impact our compliance program
Work with legal, risk and business leads to develop and maintain our compliance policies and controls
Collaborate with internal risk management teams (AML, Risk) to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations to business partners in the form of clear requirements
Define key compliance performance indicators for a business unit and establish metrics and reporting to ensure transparency in communication with stakeholders and senior management
Develop processes and procedures to identify and communicate conduct risks to Senior Management.
Work with business leads to identify and collate relevant information to respond to requests for information from auditors and regulators in a timely way.
A day in the life:
* Creation of a Compliance Monitoring Framework
* Management of Outsourcing risk assessment governance and approvals
* Advisory on Payment Services Regulations 2017 and Electronic Money Regulations 2011
* Advisory on AML/CFT regulations
* Minimum of four years of relevant experience in financial services/payment services firm, regulatory agency, consultancy, or law firm working in risk, internal audit or compliance.
* Understanding of payments legislation and its application in the UK and FCA supervisory regime
Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business.
* Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision.
* Strong organizational skills - must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities
* Must be able to communicate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English required, written and spoken.
* Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results, identify and resolve issues; shares information and keeps team members and management informed.
* Customer focused.
* Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
* Delivery of regulatory projects
* Practical implementation of vulnerable customers/ consumer duty/ treating customers fairly.
* Knowledge of payments regulations (PSRs 2017 and FCA Payments and Emoney Approach Document) and FCA handbook.
* Payments experience
* Consultancy background
* Advanced Excel skills
* Related Compliance qualification (ACAMS/ICA), or willingness to obtain.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.