Cyber Security Analyst - SIEM, SOC, Threat, IDS, IPS, Linux
Salary + Bonus + Benefits + hybrid / London or Nottingham
Are you looking to maximise your exposure to further boost your career?
Well, look no further as my client are a leading entertainment provider who have excelled year on year to bring their expertise to ensure safety against threats, hacks and disruptions!
The big narrative is currently around recession, and I can ensure my client is not slowing down at all, as they are looking to increase headcount and provide job security.
Their vision is to be the leader in their domain by creating the most exciting and trusted experiences for customers!
This is where you can be a part of their ambition by using your Cyber Security Analytics to ensure the safety within the business to further propel their reach on the market!
You will be working closely with teams across the group to identify and handle security incidents, ensuring that relevant security attacks are timely detected, investigated and mitigated.
As a 'Cyber Security Analyst' you will review the security risks that the organization faces, executing appropriate responses to ensure the overall security posture remains aligned with the needs of the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor security events and identify potential incidents across the organization environments (Corporate, Production, Development)
- Review alerts, assess risks and prioritize incident investigation efforts
- Develop security tools and integrations to automate security operation processes
- Interface to internal customers, gather functional requirements and design suitable security solutions aligned with business requirements
- Interface with technical and business units to identify the source of the incidents and the appropriate resolution.
- Investigate security incidents. Produce accurate and timely reports on Information Security incidents so that mitigation measures can be effectively decided and implemented
An ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience in a similar Information Security position
- Experience developing security tools and open-source projects
- Outstanding knowledge of the technical foundations behind networking, operating systems and applications: TCP/IP, Linux, Windows, Web technologies, other networking protocols
- Experience in the following areas: Vulnerability management, Risk management, Traffic and packet analysis
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10
- Security Certification (GIAC, OSCP, etc.) or similar qualification
- Experience configuring and maintaining SIEM tools
- Regulatory and industry standards work: ISO27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Other relevant professional qualifications will be considered, although not a requirement, e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC, etc.
- Scripting skills within Python or similar tool
Does this sound like an environment you could thrive in?
Competitive salary + Bonus + Benefits + Hybrid + apply now via the link!
Please be assured that your CV will be treated in the strictest confidence, and we would always speak to you before discussing your CV with any potential employer.
Please note we are on the client' supplier list for this position.
AKKODIS are operating as an Employment Agency. AKKODIS are an equal opportunities employer
Keywords: Hybrid, Cyber, Threat Analyst, Threat, Senior, Analysis, SIEM, IR, EDR, Cyber Security, IPS, IDS, Firewall, Web, Web applications, Python, Linux, OWASP, L2, Windows
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.