Cyber Security Analyst/ SOC Analyst - Linux, SIEM, TCP/IP, Windows
Location: London, Nottingham Or Gibraltar
You will be working for one of the most established sports betting and gaming companies who operate within the retail and online space. They sit within the FTSE100 and work with award winning companies with some of the most talented teams in the world!
You will be covering over 30 data centres and working in-house, you'd be involved in monitoring security events and identifying potential incidents; reviewing alerts, assessing risk, and prioritizing incident investigation; developing security tools and integrations to automate security operation processes; configuring and maintaining SIEM tools.
The role takes a hands-on approach to spot new risks on the current operations and enhance and develop the technical designs to execute them, with the capacity to display initiative as part of a very strong Information Security team, this position plays a key role in protecting the security of our customers and systems from known and unknown threats.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor security events and identifying potential incidents across the organization environments (Corporate, Production, Development)
- Review alerts, assess risks and prioritize incident investigation efforts
- Develop security tools and integrations to automate security operation processes
- Interface to internal customers, gather functional requirements and design suitable security solutions aligned with business requirements
- Interface with technical and business units to identify the source of the incidents and the appropriate resolution
- Investigate security incidents
- Produce accurate and timely reports on Information Security incidents so that mitigation measures can be effectively decided and implemented
- Understanding of the technical foundations behind networking, operating systems, and applications: TCP/IP, Linux, Windows, Web technologies, other networking protocols
- Experience in the following areas: Vulnerability management, Risk management, Traffic, and packet analysis
- Strong experience in a similar Information Security position
- Good experience developing security tools and open-source projects
- Security Certification (GIAC, OSCP, etc.) or similar qualification
- Experience configuring and maintaining SIEM tools
- Regulatory and industry standards work: ISO27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Other relevant professional qualifications will be considered, although not a requirement, e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC, etc.
If you are interest apply here or message me directly on email@example.com
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.