Role - IP Network Engineer
Duration - 3+ Months
Location - London E1 (Hybrid/2 days a week)
Rate - £350PD Inside IR 35
1. Detailed understanding of end-to-end network frame and packet forwarding principles including unicast, broadcast, multicast, ARP, IPSEC, IPIP, GRE
2. Strong understanding of MPLS networks; ISIS, L2VPN and L3VPN technologies
3. Strong HLD/LLD experience clearly identifiable to OSI and TCP/IP stack
4. Strong practical understanding and experience of BGP and OSPF
5. Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task including prioritising and managing several open cases and projects at any one time
6. Good understanding and experience of ISP subscriber technologies including IPoE, PPPoE, L2TP, RADIUS
7. Able to lead by example, work on own initiative and work well with others
8. Good understanding of WiFi protocols in standalone and controller-based environments
9. Understanding of BNG products from Nokia advantageous
10. Ability to apply network automation using Python, Perl and Ansible to configure and manage routers advantageous
11. Linux/Unix experience advantageous
12. Good understanding of SQL database advantageous
13. Some understanding of python and config management via GIT advantageous
1. Take full responsibility for the Business WiFi core production and development network.
2. Plan network projects and operational duties against business objectives and roadmap
3. Manage business stakeholders, deliver projects on time with effective communication
4. Provide key KPIs for network operations and functions
5. Manage OPEX/CAPEX budgets
6. Manage EoL for Software and Hardware
7. Contribute to strategic development of the WiFi platform; be the subject matter expert
8. Manage, operate, configure and support the Business WiFi core network, comprising of Cisco ASR, ASA & Nexus, F5 Big IP LTM
9. Act as a design authority, review strawman proposals and designs produced by other engineers in the team and provide technical leadership to them.
10. Drive network improvements, enable automation and implement new solutions that support business 'digital first' strategy
11. Research hardware and software solutions and create plans, including layouts and product specifications
12. Secure all hardware and software required for network solutions, or supervise network administrator tasked with securing all hardware and software
13. Plan out network installation and/or upgrade project, assign milestone tasks to meet company deadlines for full implementation of network activities
14. Assist and supervise network support staff in their daily activities and during special projects
15. Create and maintenance policies/operational procedures/interface registers
16. Owner, author and reviewer of HLD & LLD, maintaining quality and consistency in written and diagrammatic technical documentation
17. Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN tunnels and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
18. Be a mentor, practice team culture of learning, trust and self-improvement
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.