Due to continued growth in the Hybrid Electric Vehicle space, Modis' client seek a Senior Battery Control Engineer primarily working on the controller part of the battery.
This role involves a real focus on BM algorithms, Code generation onto embedded battery controller;and control functionality.
Candidates already in the UK and working under a Tier 2 Sponsorship will also be considered.
- Development of battery management algorithms;
- Code generation onto embedded battery controller;
- SiL and hardware bench testing of battery management software;
- Design of battery system architecture and controller functionality;
- Review and participation in supplier due diligence;
- Functional safety review of battery management;
- Performance characterization of battery cells using test bench
- Development of battery simulation models;
- Battery sizing calculations for hybrid, opportunity charge and electric vehicle applications.
- Experience in developing embedded control algorithms for automotive;
- Proficient use of Matlab / Simulink;
- Experience with embedded controllers;
- Experience with automotive CAN tools (one of Peak CAN, CANalyser, Softing);
- Experience with software version control;
- Deep understanding and experience with common lithium-ion battery cell types and their performance characteristics;
- Experience with lithium-ion battery systems for automotive.
We look forward to receiving your application for the unique opportunity to join this growing, high tech team.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy