What you will be doing
* Supporting the EUS Team Leader and the Senior Engineers in the development and implementation of team, departmental and business wide service improvement plans and technical refresh/remediation plans and strategic plans.
* Carry out Root Cause Analysis activities for the team.
* Forward-plans and schedules meetings and engagements with others to ensure high attendance.
* Plans and prioritises tasks and activities such that regular attendance is maintained at Operational and Team meetings and other key or mandatory meetings.
* Work with the EUS Team Leader to design the cost and pricing structure for solutions provided to the end customer through in house or 3rd Party resource.
* Assist in the production of quotes and solution pricing for the business.
* Support the EUS Team Leader and assist in the delivery of the departmental budgets by highlighting cost savings where identified and ensuring that all works are priced correctly and delivered efficiently and effectively keeps accurate time and attendance records including time-recording for Projects.
* Assists the team in the resolution of Incidents and Requests assigned by the Service Desk Toolset, ensuring that timely updates are provided and that the Service Level Agreements are met.
* Accurately log (when appropriate) track, update and resolve incidents and requests in a timely manner meeting agreed SLA's and according to agreed standards and procedures endeavouring that normal service operations are restored as quickly as possible.
* Undertakes all relevant technical support and maintenance tasks/activities as required by Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, Project and other ITSS Processes.
* Liaises with vendors and suppliers in the escalation process for major incidents.
* Provide input that supports the Service Managers in the management of 3rd party suppliers, technical architects, and Internal business units
* Identifies key issues and risk elements and escalates promptly to the ITSS management team
* Demonstrate the ability to be a positive influence when working with internal and external teams.
* Assist in new Product launches, identifying EUS requirements and streamlined process.
* Adherence to all company and departmental process and procedures
* Participates in on-call support rotas, as agreed with Line Management, and adheres to the applicable on-call Process, policy, and Procedures.
* Create technical knowledge articles where possible and communicating fixes and workarounds within the team.
* Hardware support and operating system support.
* Active Directory support and server support including administration and configuration, on premise and virtualised.
* Support of network switches, mobile devices and 'agreed' systems and applications both local and cloud based.
* Responds to requests for support in a timely manner and according to agreed SLAs and procedures
* Ensures users and stakeholders are fully informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid delays
* Provide advice and support to both internal and external customers to deliver a high standard of customer care
* Demonstrate a professional and flexible attitude to ensure that customer expectations are met.
* Adopts the IT Communication Principles and standards for all communications with those outside the EUS department
* Proactively notifies customers and stakeholders of any deviation from agreed plans, activities, and task
* Applies effective personal Time Management and Planning to ensure all duties and activities are completed in a timely manner, proactively notifying others of any changes to completion times/dates
What we will need from you
* Excellent customer focus skills with a service-orientated approach
* Strong communicator both written and verbal
* An eye for technical detail and a "completer/finisher"
* Methodical and self-disciplined with flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills
* Extensive knowledge and experience across Microsoft cloud technology
* Experience within a mature Shared Service or Commercial IT Services operation
* Computer literate across all Microsoft Office and Windows
* Display positive behaviours that can effectively influence across multiple teams to achieve company goals
* Experience of creating technical documents and Knowledge base solutions
* Ability to competently act as the technical point contact of escalation for incidents
* The ability to Investigate potential future technologies and solutions that may benefit the IT
Qualifications & Training
* ITIL Foundation Level as a minimum
* Strong 2nd Line IT Support experience in a Cloud first environment
* Windows 10 support experience
* Supporting a range of Microsoft products at a 2nd line level
* Desktop, Mobile Device and Laptop support knowledge
* Experience supporting and administrating O365/M365
* PowerShell Scripting experience
* Experience of working within a Microsoft Azure environment
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.