Exciting opportunity available with one of Europe's leading providers of IT services. With presence across the UK, Germany, France and more the company provides Infrastructure services to a huge variety of clients.
The role sits with the internal team support all internal database environments including Oracle and SQL server. Including BAU maintenance as well as new project requirements, the role will be diverse in task requiring an organised and methodical thinker.
- Managing and monitoring Oracle and SQL Server systems based in our Datacentres.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any issues.
- Working with stakeholders on DB support.
- Provide technical expertise to the development teams, assisting with implementations.
- Managing Backups and Recovery scenarios.
- Installation of critical patch updates.
- Installation of service pack, cumulative update and security updates for SQL Server systems.
- Capacity monitoring and forecast the growth of critical databases.
- Oracle 19c and 12c running on Windows Platforms
- SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019 would be a bonus.
- Extensive skills and knowledge on different Oracle toolsets.
- Good SQL & PL/SQL.
- Experience of working within a controlled ITIL environment with good understanding of control processes & procedures.
Along with a competitive salary comes an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, travel, childcare, gym membership, pension contributions and more!
Candidates must be able to commute to the office a minimum of 2 days per week as well as available for on call and rota based out of hours support.
If you feel you have the experience and aptitude for the role and meet the availability requirements, please do apply for immediate consideration.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.