Role: Senior Front End Developer
Location: Greater Manchester or Worcestershire (2 days per week)
My client is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to be a core member of the development team building enterprise-quality software supporting global customers across a range of solutions within the transport industry.
They are continuously improving their development and DevOps based methodologies and tools supported in an agile environment. You will be required to utilise the latest front-end technologies and techniques to deliver an unbeatable user experience.
Purpose of the role
As lead Front-end Developer you will be responsible for the GUI delivery of a large and complex software system and its components and will need to design, build and test your own code. You will work with the rest of the development team, UI/UX designers and QA team to substantially contribute to the overall development processes.
- Develop next gen, enterprise-level, web-based, API driven software using the latest web technologies
- Write, document and test scalable code to add new functionality to existing solutions
- Utilise the existing agile and DevOps tools and infrastructure
- Contribute to: Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement Workshops and Sprint Retrospectives
- Be a part of knowledge sharing sessions, and participate in code and architecture reviews
- Support all stages of the SDLC by producing technical documentation, wikis, and release notes, when necessary
You will need:
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, SOLID principles and engineering approaches, such as CI/CD, TDD, etc.
- Experience of RESTful API design and consumption
- Experience using HTML, CSS (Less/SCSS), jQuery and newer techniques such as storage, service workers etc for front-end web development
- Experience in building responsive layouts and mobile websites with cross-browser compatibility from scratch from PSD files using frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Experience working with source control, automated build, deployment tools and package managers (Azure DevOps, Git, NuGet, NPM, etc.)
You should be:
- An excellent communicator who is able to present and articulate proposals, estimates and solutions clearly and concisely
- Able to take constructive feedback on board (particularly during code and architecture reviews) and use it to progress your own skills
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Positive feedback from internal clients and management
- Meeting defined quality metrics
- Personal and professional skill development using provided training resources
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.