Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit an experienced Technical Author with significant experience of producing technical documentation and user guides for multiple applications.
This is a fully remote role where some occasional travel may be required but this would be infrequent.
As a Technical Author you will work closely with product team/development teams and be responsible for producing and updating customer-facing documentation for applications, ranging from user guides to technical integration specifications, in a variety of formats.
- Working with the Product Owner, produce customer facing guides for business application users, in appropriate language for the audience, providing context and examples of use
- Working with the Product Owners, Solutions Architects and Developers, produce technical documents such as API reference and how-to documentation, high-level technical overviews and interface specifications
- Publish documents in a variety of formats as appropriate, such as online and PDF
- Produce short screen-capture videos to illustrate specific functionality or concepts
- Manage a register and repository for documentation that you and others have created
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Launch to align documentation content and look & feel
- Experience in producing customer-facing user guides
- Experience in producing customer-facing technical documentation, especially API documentation
- Familiarity with API test tools such as Postman
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint and Visio
- Knowledge of payment or financial applications
- Experience of Swagger/OpenAPI, redoc
- Experience of creating Postman collections
- Experience of Help+Manual, Movavi, Acrobat Pro DC, WordPress and Drupal
- Experience of API and user documentation tools
- Experience of knowledgebase management and tools
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.