Scope and objectives: Replacement of existing Windows 10 desktop and laptop computers with Windows 11 laptops
1. Support the local IT team with the rollout of new laptops, personally deploying minimum six (6) laptops daily on average throughout the rollout period.
2. Assist with admin tasks relating to the scheduling of users for migration.
3. Engage with users pre-migration to make sure personal requirements have been captured and to set expectations.
4. Complete a checklist of manual, per-user configuration tasks on each new machine deployed using the provided step-by-step instructions.
5. Migrate local data and settings using the provided automation script. Perform additional data migration tasks as agreed with the individual on a case by case basis.
6. Install approved non-standard apps as required by the individual.
7. Ensure Windows Updates and any other software and security updates have been applied.
8. Physically install new laptops on users' desks. For approx. 20% of users, this will involve removing a desktop PC and replacing it with a docking station. For the remaining approx. 80% of users, there is no change to accessories (keyboard, monitor, mouse, dock).
9. Escalate support issues (other than specifics around the deployment) to on-site IT staff, Technology Trainers, or the firm's IT helpdesk.
10. Re-apply the firm's standard Windows build where necessary (e.g. where the existing build has failed) using the firm's automated OS deployment system.
11. Collect old hardware and store it ready for disposal
12. Maintain accurate records of equipment deployed and returned and users migrated.
13. Maintain the confidentiality of the firm and its clients
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.