Role: UX Designer
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
My client is looking for a UX Designer to work closely with the Product Owners, the R&D team and other key stakeholders to capture input on workflow analysis and user interface expectations. This will include capturing both functional and non-functional requirements to ensure delivery of a user experience that matches the company's values.
You will be expected to translate feedback into user stories, screen mock-ups and clear workflow visuals, using your knowledge of User Experience to make design choices and provide direction in a clear and consistent way that is consumable by the R&D team.
You will also be expected to answer user experience queries from the R&D team and validate assumptions with other stakeholders to ensure delivery aligns to market needs, including performing User Acceptance Testing as and when required with customers and/or internal stakeholders.
- Plan and facilitate workshops to help discover customer and user needs & goals, set project direction, and provide solutions.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows.
- Create product prototypes and compelling design concepts and presenting these to gain buy-in from the stakeholders
- Develop personas and usage scenarios to ensure clarity on what needs developing.
- Analyse user feedback and activity to enhance user experience.
- Develop and maintain design patterns and standards based on best practice and feedback.
- Conduct competitor and customer analysis to see where meaningful, defensible uniqueness can be created for competitive advantage.
- Acquire and maintain a fundamental working knowledge of how solutions are used in the real world to ensure UX/UI development of features and functions results in a consistent, user-friendly user experience.
- Engage with stakeholders during development to demonstrate new functionality, gather feedback and expectations regarding existing, new and future developments.
- Participate in and occasionally lead the User Acceptance Testing of new functionality and achieving sign-off from key stakeholders and customers.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer working with Agile teams and methodologies.
- Solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies.
- Experience with business critical Cloud based applications and Touchscreen device based applications.
- Experience with Mobile app development.
- Experience of User Centred Design processes.
- Experience producing user journeys, flow diagrams, wireframes, sitemaps, functional specifications, guidelines and client facing documentation.
- Being able to visualise experiences through sketches, storyboards, mockups and prototypes.
- Experience using wireframing tools such as Balsamiq and UI design tools such as Adobe XD.
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator or other similar tools.
- Keen visual storyteller, with a strong understanding of user psychology.
- Significant experience of managing and conducting User acceptance testing internally and with end users.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Highly Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Design, Communications, Computer Science or Psychology.
- Experience of working with both hardware and software solutions.
- Experience of working with needs from across several vertical markets.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.