Data Engineer - ETL, Azure
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading enterprise business to recruit an experienced Data Engineer with strong knowledge of ETL and working with both on prem and cloud (azure) technologies.
Please note that this a remote role but you will need to be happy to travel to the office in Northamptonshire on occasion.
As a Data Engineer you will improve business decision making by standardising the access to data across the organisation from existing systems and applications.
- Work with business leaders, Heads of IT and business process and data owners to identify operational opportunities to leverage data to increase revenue, create operational efficiencies or drive increased compliance.
- Leverage technology to enable access to resident and external data sources for the purposes of value creation.
- Catalogue existing data sources, identify new data sources, and add these to the catalogue for future use.
- Create data pipelines from identified data sources to create and lead efficient and repeatable analytics projects to improve business decision making.
- Contribute to the definition and communication of data governance policies and principles aligned to the overarching Data Architecture principles.
- Provide support for data owners to establish and enforce guidelines for data collection, integration and processes across the enterprise.
- Work collaboratively with analytics teams across the business to prepare data ready for consumption.
- Educate the organisation on the value and importance of data engineering in order to identify further data pipeline opportunities.
- Take responsibility for streamlining data pipelines across the enterprise, ensuring they are production ready.
- Process owner for data extract, transform and load process.
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) technologies and business intelligence tools from platform providers including Microsoft and Oracle.
- Significant experience with database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata etc.)
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM), data warehousing, data modelling as well as familiarity with data science concepts.
- Experience in scripting languages including Python and R
- Experience with data pipeline methodologies and tooling, specifically on the Microsoft Azure Data stack, including Data Factory, Data Bricks and Azure Data Lake
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modelling) to less-structured sources.
- Experience of working across multiple deployment environments including cloud, on-premises and hybrid and with multiple operating systems.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation that makes a real and impacting difference, please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.