SQL Database Administrator - DBA
Modis are currently working in partnership with a market leading service provider to recruit an experienced SLQ DBA to join an experienced team supporting multiple high profile clients.
Please note this role offers hybrid working with 2 days a week in the office.
As a SQL Database Administrator you will provide specialised DBA support across Microsoft SQL Server database platforms. You will possess excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstrate the ability to make key technical decisions on your own accord. You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both face to face and on the telephone, whilst also having the ability to assess and prioritise tasks without close supervision.
- Responsible for providing technical support for all in scope Microsoft SQL Server database environments including new installations and upgrades.
- Support define, implement and manage customers SQL Server database environments in line with architectural standards.
- You will assist developers and other DBAs, including within the customer organisations, with developments, implementations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance of the database environments.
- You will be part of a support team that provides 24x7 on call support on a rota basis.
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Good T-SQL knowledge
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery, including working experience of Log Shipping, Data Mirroring, SQL Always On and WSFC
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Any knowledge of other RDBMS technologies, including Oracle, MySQL and Sybase would be advantageous
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge to join a leading organisation who will develop your skills and career further please apply now.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.